Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Adapted from a recipe by EBSEPKE at allrecipes.com. Boneless pork chops are browned, then baked with a topping of caramelized onion, apples and curry powder. Serve with basmati rice.
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless pork chops, 1-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large apple, cored and diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 1⁄2-3 tablespoons curry powder (to taste)
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown pork chops in oil, flipping once to brown both sides. Arrange chops in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In the same skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Cook and stir onions and apples in butter until caramelized, 12-15 minutes. Stir in applesauce, apple juice, chicken broth, garlic, and curry powder. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour over chops, and cover dish with foil.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F for 40 minutes, or until pork chops are cooked through.