Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 -6 pork loin chops, 1-inch thick
- 2 leeks, cleaned and sliced, white only
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup port wine or 1⁄2 cup madeira wine or 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- In a large skillet, heat oil to med-hi.
- Add 3 chops and brown on both sides. Transfer to slow cooker. Repeat with remaining chops.
- Drain fat from the pan and reduce heat to medium.
- Add leeks and cook until soft.
- Add garlic, salt & pepper. Stir and cook for 1 minute. Stir in port, marmalade and cranberries and bring to a boil.
- Pour over chops in crock pot. cover and cook on low for 5 hours or high for 2-1/2 hours.
- Serve immediately.
- This is good with egg noodles.
Wonderfujl flavor - It's amazing what a leek & cranberries can do with a bit of garlic. I usually use wine but didn't have any Port so I used Orange juice and it worked well. I cooked it on low for 4 hours - the recipe was cut back to 2 chops. Thanks for a dinner that will be repeated
Really easy and tasty, plus somewhat out of the ordinary. As suggested, this was quite good with noodles. I used the orange juice, but I will use more juice next time so there's a bit more liquid to put on the noodles. My husband even liked it, though he's generally not a huge fan of pork chops.
Hated it. I like all these ingredients, but it was just awful!