Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Even people who normally don't care for dressing will like this corn dressing recipe. Nice for a Sunday dinner.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 can cream-style corn
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄3 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimientos
- 2 cups cubed white bread (, about 4 slices)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 -6 pork chops
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, corn, butter, celery, pimiento, bread cubes, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Spoon into a creased 13x9x2 baking pan.
- Arrange chops over dressing.
- sprinkle with additional paprika and salt.
- Bake covered in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 30 minutes longer or until chops are done.
This dish is wonderful and is very easy to prepare! I followed the recipe exactly as it was posted and my family loved it! I don't think I would change or add anything! I will be making these again... thanks for a great recipe!
The only change I would make would be to add Red Pepper Flakes to the recipe. It is really good without this ingredient but it would give an extra taste. UPDATE: This is an easy meal to make. It is almost a full meal and can be prepared ahead of time. Everything kind of blends and has great taste.
This was great and easy. I used rye bread and added caraway seeds to the stuffing. Skipped the pimento. Will certainly make again.