Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this little recipe in the back of a Portuguese magazine. It is so good that I just couldn't keep it all to myself, so thought I would share it with all of you. Try and use fresh clams if at all possible,if not you will have to make do with the frozen ones. Truly hope you enjoy it!
- 1⁄2 kg clam
- 4 pork chops (good size ones)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (to fry chop)
- 1 onion, sliced into thin circles
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 kg tomatoes, with skin removed and sliced into circles
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley (I prefer fresh cilantro)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to own taste)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or to your own taste)
- Place the clams into a large bowl with water and salt for a couple of hours, so all the sand can be removed.
- Season your chops with salt and pepper to your own taste, and fry them in a pan, making sure oil is nice and hot.( when ready set aside in a casserole).
- Meanwhile peel onion, garlic and tomatoes. Slice the onion and tomatoes, and chop the garlic very finely.
- In a large skillet pour in the olive oil and add in garlic, once oil is heated add in the onion and stir till it starts turning a golden colour, at this stage add in the wine, tomato paste,tomatoes, bay leaf, and chopped parsley or cilantra ( what ever you like the best). Keep stirring everything, season with salt to your own taste and add in pepper flakes.
- Meanwhile drain will your clams pass them through running water to make
- sure all sand has been removed.
- Place clams into tomatoes mixture, and when they are all open, pour over
- the chops that are already in a casserole dish.
- Sprinkle a little more parsley or cilantro over top for garnish, serve with what ever meet your fancy.
Hi Mia,Just tried your super recipe. Is this another version of 'Lombo de porco con amejoas' ?.Simple to prepare and cook, so good to eat.Thanks for posting the recipe.<>Brian Holley