Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Good enough for a special occasion.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 center cut boneless pork chops
- salt and pepper
- 2⁄3 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄3 cup beef broth
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 (16 ounce) canpitted dark cherries
- Add the oil to a large saute pan. Season chops with salt and pepper. Brown the chops on both sides; reduce the heat and continue cooking until no pink remains and cooked through taking care not to overcook. Remove to a platter and keep warm.
- Combine the wine, broth, honey, thyme, salt and mustard in the saute pan and bring the mixture to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Combine the cornstarch and vinegar and add it to the wine mixture. Bring to a boil and boil for one minute. Stir in the cherries.
- Return the chops to the pan and heat through before serving.