1/3 Photos of Pork Chops With Cherry Pan Sauce
Mommy Diva's Note:
I go this recipe from the Rachel Ray show and I make it with Simple Couscous. My family absolutely loved it - even my 14 year old daughter cleaned her plate. I count that a success anytime! It is a nice change to the everyday - and is easy to make!! I did modify the sauce a bit as I like the sauce a bit thicker and used bing cherries in syrup as i couldn't find the ones she called for. Turned out great and looked the same.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 boneless pork loin chops, pounded to 1/4-inch thick
- 3/4 cup flour, for dusting pork chops
- salt and pepper
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves stripped and chopped
- 1 large shallot, chopped finely
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole pitted bing cherries in syrup, drained
- 1/2 lemon, zest of
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Lightly season the pounded chops with salt, pepper and thyme.
- 3Place flour in a shallow bowl and toss the seasoned chops in the flour, coating completely then shaking off excess.
- 4Place the chops in the hot skillet and sear meat on both sides to caramelize, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- 5Once the chops are done, remove them to a plate and tent with foil to rest while you make the pan sauce.
- 6Place the skillet back on the stove over medium heat with another 1-2 tablespoons of EVOO.
- 7Add the shallots and cook for 2 minutes. Add cherries to the shallots along with the lemon zest to warm through.
- 8Add 1/2 cup of stock and let cook for another minute.
- 9Add the remaining butter in small pieces, toss the sauce to combine.
- 10Mix 1 tsp corn starch to 1/2 cup cold water and add slowly to sauce until desired thickness is achieved.
- 11Simmer for 3-5 minutes to cook out starch flavor.
- 12Pour pan sauce over the chops.
- 13Serve with Simple Couscous Simple Couscous as pictured for lovely presentation. Enjoy :).
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Chops With Cherry Pan Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 691.9
- Calories from Fat 349
- Total Fat 38.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 146.8 mg
- Sodium 169.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 17.2 g
- Protein 43.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of