Recipe by Mille®
This substantial savoury dish combines, good English home-produced ingredients. Rutland cheese is an unusual mixture made from cheddar, beer, garlic and parsley. If you can't find it, use plain cheddar and add garlic and parsley to the mixture.
Top Review by Lorac
Fabulous! A wonderfull and different way to grill pork. I am also going to try this with lamb and beef. I used a combination of Stilton and aged Cheddar, added 1 clove of garlic pressed and fresh parsley. I procesed this with the mustard and ale. DH cooked the chops on the grill and then I added the cheese mixture and popped them under the broiler. Love this recipe!
- 4 (6 ounce) pork loin chops
- 1⁄4 lb rutland cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon English mustard
- 3 tablespoons brown ale (NOT BEER!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grill the chops under a moderate grill/broiler for 7-10 minutes depending on the thickness.
- Turn them over and grill for a further 7-10 minutes, until cooked through.
- Mix together the cheese, mustard and brown ale.
- Spread over the chops and grill/broil until the cheese has melted.
- Serve immediately.