This is a tasty way to enjoy pork chops and a nice combination of sweet and savory flavors. The pork chops are seasoned with savory spices and simmered in an orange sauce, which caramelizes and thickens into a sticky indulgence. It is best served over hot, cooked rice with sauce spooned over all.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drizzle olive oil into a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Meanwhile, season pork chops with paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- 3Once oil in skillet is glistening, brown pork chops on both sides.
- 4In a small bowl, whisk together orange juice, brown sugar, orange marmalade and apple cider vinegar.
- 5Lower skillet heat to medium-low. Pour liquid mixture over chops and cover skillet. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, occasionally flipping chops and scraping the bottom of the skillet with a wooden spoon to keep them from burning or sticking.
- 6Just before serving, increase skillet heat to medium-high for 3-5 minutes until the sauce caramelizes (darkens and thickens slightly) to your preference. Watch closely in order to prevent from burning.
- 7Serve chops over hot, cooked rice with sauce spooned over all.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Chops With Caramelized Orange Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (319 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 478.5
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 27.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 75.0 mg
- Sodium 376.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 30.7 g
- Protein 23.2 g