Recipe by MarthaStewartWanabe
These pork chops are juicy, tender, seasoned with savory herbs and a hint of spice. When topped with deliciously caramelized onions, a perfect marriage of flavors is created. This recipe is sure to satisfy a hearty appetite as well as a craving for something sweet & savory.
- 4 pork chops, bone-in
- 2 yellow onions, medium-sized, sliced
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1.23 ml sage, ground
- 1.23 ml thyme, ground
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml onion powder
- 0.59 ml cayenne pepper, ground
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Into a small bowl, thoroughly combine herbs and spices. Sprinkle both sides of pork chops. Set aside.
- Drizzle 1 tbs. olive oil into the bottom of a large, non-stick oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Once oil is glistening hot, add sliced onions and cook for 8-10 minutes or until softened and lightly browned. Remove to a separate plate.
- Return skillet to medium-high heat and drizzle into it the remaining olive oil, turning the pan to coat the bottom. Brown both sides of chops (approximately 2 minutes per side), but do not cook through. Once browned, remove from heat.
- Top equally with onions and roast in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!