Pork Chops With Caramelized Apples
- Pat chops dry. In small bowl mix together thyme, pepper and salt; season both sides of chops; set aside.
- In large heavy skillet melt the butter with the sugar over moderately high heat; add the apples and sauté for 30-40 minutes, until apples begin to brown.
- Turn apples, cook for 5 minutes more, until they are golden brown and the sauce is thickened. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Heat another heavy skillet over medium-high heat, brush with a little vegetable oil.
- Add chops and brown on onside, about 4 minutes; turn and brown other side, 4 minutes more.
- Keep turning chops every couple of minutes until just done (internal temperature will reach 155 degrees F).
- Total cooking time for chops will be around 14-18 minutes. Serve chops with apples.