Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A very nice simple German recipe.
- 5 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 pork chops
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 2 apples
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 medium cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup vermouth
- In a large frying pan, cook bacon until crisp. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Heat frying pan on medium heat. Add pork chops and cook until browned on both sides. Remove chops and set aside.
- Slice onion thinly. Mince garlic. Add it skillet. Cook about 2 minutes.
- Slice carrots thinly. Shred cabbage. Peel, core and thinly slice apples.
- Add carrots,cabbage, vermouth, apples, salt and pepper to skillet. Bring to boil.
- Place pork chops on top of mixture. Let cook 25 minutes. Chop bacon and sprinkle over all.