This is a Paul Prudhomme recipe I got many years ago in a Tabasco cookbook. Really good, company always loves it. I've also posted a recipe of my own, inspired by this one for when I crave the taste but don't have the time. Not quite as wonderful as this one, but great when you are in a hurry and a bit healthier as it's not breaded and fried.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 pork chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/3 cup flour
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more if you're a heat freak)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme
- 1Combine all the seasoning ingredients in a small bowl.
- 2Sprinkle the chops with some of the seasoning mix, patting in on with your hands (use about 2/3 of the mixture).
- 3Add the remaining seasoning mix to the flour and place on a flat plate.
- 4Heat 1/4 inch oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot, about 2 minutes.
- 5Just before frying, dredge each chop in the seasoned flour mixture, shaking off excess.
- 6Fry in hot oil until dark golden brown and cooked through, about 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- 7Drain on paper towels.
- 8In a very small pan, heat the butter over high heat until half melted, shaking the pan almost constantly.
- 9Add the garlic and continue to cook until the butter is melted and the foam on the surface is barely browned, about 2 to 3 minutes, shaking the pan frequently. Be careful not to burn the butter.
- 10Add the Tabasco and continue to cook until the sauce is lightly browned and very foamy, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- 11Remove from heat and drizzle over the chops. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Chops With Browned Garlic Butter Sauce ( Cajun )
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 367.1
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 105.5 mg
- Sodium 738.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 23.8 g