Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is from "Heart and Soul" a Junior League cookbook from Memphis, TN.
Make and share this Pork Chops With Browned Garlic Butter recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 6 pork chops, center-cut, 1/2-inch thick
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon parsley, snipped
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, fresh
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- Combine the salt, onion powder, garlic powder, white pepper, dry mustard, sage , cumin, and thyme in a small bowl; mix well.
- Sprinkle each side of the chops with 1/4 teaspoons of the seasoning mix.
- Rub the seasoning into the chops with your fingertips.
- In a pie plate, combine the flour and the remaining seasoning mix and coat the chops on both sides. Shake off the excess.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil. Cook the chops over medium heat for 4-5 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Place on serving platter and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a 1 quart saucepan, heat the butter until almost melted. Add the garlic and cook over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes or until the foam on the surface is light brown.
- Stir in the parsley, hot pepper sauce, lemon juice, and black pepper.
- Cook until the sauce is lightly browned and immediately drizzle over the pork chops.
thank you 4 your recipe..