Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very nice recipe to dress up plain ol' pork chops. It came from Cooking Pleasures magazine...tangy!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 boneless center-cut pork loin chops (3/4 in thick)
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots (or onions, if you prefer)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Heat oil in large nonstick skilet over medium-high heat until hot. Sprinkle pork with rosemary, salt, and pepper. Cook 4-6 minutes or until browned and slightly pink in center, turning once. Remove from skillet.
- Melt butter in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots; cook 30 seconds or until transparent, stirring constantly. Add brown sugar; cook 30-60 seconds or until slightly thickened. Serve glaze over pork.
This was awesome. I substituted red onion for shallots and ended up using probably 1/2 cup cider vinegar b/c i wanted more sauce. My boyfriend actually ate seconds which is extremely rare! I'll definitely be making this again!