Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this recipe in Woman's Day.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 pork chops (about 1-inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder or 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 small head red cabbage, thinly sliced (about 1 lb)
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill sprig
- 1 braeburn apple, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (optional)
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in skillet over medium heat. Season the pork with the curry, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Cook until browned and cooked through 6-8 minutes per side.
- Heat the remaining 2 tbsp oil in a second skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add the cabbage, vinegar, 2 tbsp water, 3/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper, and apple, if using. Cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until the cabbage is just tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Fold in the dill and serve with pork.