Recipe by Dr. Jenny
This easy, flavorful recipe comes from the December/January 2010 "Taste of Home" magazine. According to the recipe description, even those who do not like blue cheese will like this mild sauce. DH hates blue cheese, but was willing to give this recipe a try. He liked it. We used a little more butter than the recipe indicated as we found we needed some more to give the roux a good consistency. We also sprinkled our pork chops with salt and pepper, rather than just pepper.
- 4 pork loin chops with bone (7 oz each)
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup nonfat milk
- 3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon white wine (or reduced-sodium chicken broth)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle pork chops on both sides with pepper.
- Broil 3-4 inches from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160°F.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, saute the onion and garlic in butter until tender. Sprinkle with flour; stir until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add cheese and wine; heat through. Serve sauce with chops.