Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This easy, flavorful recipe comes from the December/January 2010 "Taste of Home" magazine. According to the recipe description, even those who do not like blue cheese will like this mild sauce. DH hates blue cheese, but was willing to give this recipe a try. He liked it. We used a little more butter than the recipe indicated as we found we needed some more to give the roux a good consistency. We also sprinkled our pork chops with salt and pepper, rather than just pepper.
- 4 pork loin chops with bone (7 oz each)
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup nonfat milk
- 3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon white wine (or reduced-sodium chicken broth)
- Sprinkle pork chops on both sides with pepper.
- Broil 3-4 inches from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160°F.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, saute the onion and garlic in butter until tender. Sprinkle with flour; stir until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add cheese and wine; heat through. Serve sauce with chops.
Oh boy, was this yummy! I will use a tad more butter next time and that should make it easier to stir in the flour. Taste was superb! made for ZWT9 Soup a Stars
Lately the pork chops around here have been dry and tough as shoe leather, so I marinated them in butter milk, then breaded them rather than broiling. Turned out great, but the sauce of course was the best part! Even though I only made two pork chops I made the full amount of sauce. Simply delicious, thanks, Dr. Jenny for posting! Made for I Recommend 2013
Very nice dinner, made this as posted except used half the pepper, and added some seasoning salt (only 1/8 teaspoon). There aren't enough words that could not describe the bleu cheese sauce/gravy, mine was outstanding. Have had nothing like that, very very good. Served these with some bleu cheese smashed potatoes. Made for Rookie Tag.