Recipe by English_Rose
This filling is both savoury and sweet and the pecans add a delightful crunchy texture. Good with trimmed green beans and new potatoes.
- 4 lean pork loin chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 dessert apple, peeled and finely diced
- 4 ounces Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- 2 ounces pecans, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the stuffing ingredients and set aside.
- Trim the skin and excess fat from the pork chops. With a small sharp knife, make a horizontal slit through the fat side of each chop, cutting through the meat almost to the bone to make a pocket.
- Evenly divide the stuffing between the chops, tucking firmly into the pockets. Secure with wooden toothpicks.
- Preheat the broiler on medium-high. Place the pork chops on a baking sheet, brush with oil, and season with salt and pepper. Broil for 6–8 minutes on each side, depending on thickness, or until golden brown and the juices run clear. Remove the toothpicks and serve.