Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe comes from Cuisine at Home Magazine.
Make and share this Pork Chops With Blackberry-Zinfandel Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (6 -8 ounce) pork chops (3/4-1-inch thick, bone-in)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1⁄2 cup zinfandel
- 4 cups fresh blackberries (divided)
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 -3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Combine chili powder, cayenne, salt, and pepper; rub onto chops.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat; add chops and saute 4 minutes on each side.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 5-7 minutes; remove chops, cover, and keep warm.
- Saute shallots in the pan over medium-high heat about 2 minutes.
- Deglaze with wine, scraping up any browned bits; add 3 cups berries, broth, and sugar.
- Bring to boil, simmer 3 minutes, then coarsely mash.
- Simmer sauce until slightly thick; add remaining berries, and cook until heated throughly.
- Off heat, swirl in butter; season with salt and pepper.
I get Cuisine at Home and this recipe is a staple for me! It is quick, simple, and absolutely delicious! The only adjustment I have made is to decrease the cayenne and chili powder a little, but if you like it spicy, leave it the way it is.