"Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"'s Note:
This recipe comes from Cuisine at Home Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (6 -8 ounce) pork chops (3/4-1-inch thick, bone-in)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1/2 cup zinfandel
- 4 cups fresh blackberries (divided)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 -3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1Combine chili powder, cayenne, salt, and pepper; rub onto chops.
- 2Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat; add chops and saute 4 minutes on each side.
- 3Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 5-7 minutes; remove chops, cover, and keep warm.
- 4Saute shallots in the pan over medium-high heat about 2 minutes.
- 5Deglaze with wine, scraping up any browned bits; add 3 cups berries, broth, and sugar.
- 6Bring to boil, simmer 3 minutes, then coarsely mash.
- 7Simmer sauce until slightly thick; add remaining berries, and cook until heated throughly.
- 8Off heat, swirl in butter; season with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Chops With Blackberry-Zinfandel Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1560 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 584.8
- Calories from Fat 322
- Total Fat 35.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 130.1 mg
- Sodium 629.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 37.5 g