Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Makes a great brown gravy.
Make and share this Pork Chops With Beer recipe from Food.com.
- Season pork chops with garlic powder, salt, pepper and Accent.
- In frying pan brown pork chops.
- Remove Pork chops and place in a casserole dish.
- Add beer and celery soup to drippings in frying pan.
- Pour mixture over pork chops and cook in a 350F oven for 1 hour.
I wanted a new way to prepare thick pork chops for my family ,and this was really good. I used Lawerys season salt instead of accent, and salt. The gravy smelled a little like a marsala sauce. The meat was so tender this way, so much better than dried out broiled thick pork chops.
Very tender, and I loved the flavor from the beer although my husband found it a bit strong. I will definitely make this recipe again and plan to try some beef bouillon w/worcestershire sauce for part of the beer.
I love simple and easy and this filled the bill. I thickened the remaining sauce for a gravey and it was great over the accompanying mashed potatoes.