Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Nice simple way to spruce up your chops.
- 4 thick pork chops, about 1 1/4- to 1 1/2-inch thick
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olives or 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Bring chops to room temp and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat with oil. Brown chops well on both sides and edges, 7-8 minutes total. Place pan in oven and roast chops to finish cooking through, 10-12 minutes.
- In small skillet over medium heat, melt butter and add crushed garlic. Brown butter until nutty and fragrant, remove from heat and add vinegar.
- Spoon brown butter over the chops.