Recipe by Christine Bettiga
This is a very easy dish to make. The mushrooms and asparagus really add to the flavor of the pork chops!
Top Review by beebers
A lot of chopping involved and I found the prep time to be a little on the long side and the amount of time you cook for should be upped by ten minutes because of the veggies. This aside, it is a low calorie version of what I would call comfort food. I was very pleased with the outcome and will be making it again in the future.
- 4 boneless pork chops, 3/4 inch thick
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 6 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 4 shallots, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet brown pork chops on both sides in olive oil (2-3 minutes).
- Remove chops from skillet, keep warm.
- Add white wine, garlic, onion, spices and Worcestershire sauce to skillet, stir constantly.
- Once onion and garlic are soft, add beef broth and place pork chops in skillet.
- Cook on medium low for approximately 30 minutes covered.
- Add asparagus and mushrooms, cover and cook 8-10 minutes.
- Thicken sauce with cornstarch and serve over egg noodles or rice.
- If you need more liquid, add more beef broth or wine to sauce.