Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love sautéed apples with pork and this is really easy and the mix of savory and tart/sweet hits the spot.
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth, divided
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 16 ounces boneless pork chops, trimmed, 1/2 inch thick
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 tart apple, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- salt and pepper
- Mix 2 tablespoons broth and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet over high heat.
- Add chops and cook until browned on each side and cooked through. Transfer to plate.
- Reduce heat to medium-high and add onion to the pan. Cook stirring often until starts to soften, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add apple and cook, stirring often, until tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in remaining broth, juice, mustard, thyme, cream and cornstarch mixture.
- Bring to boil, stirring, until thickened and glossy, about 1 minute.
- Return chops to pan and heat through. Serve immediately.
The sauce was delicious and the apples tasted great!
This was excellent. I used a wee bit of port as I had no apple juice. The combination of sweet and savory was perfect. I will definitely make this again. Thanks for the posting