Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
This only calls for 4 ingredients and takes little preparation.
- 6 boneless pork chops (1 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (6 ounce) package seasoned stuffing mix (crushed)
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling with cinnamon
- In a skillet, brown pork chops in oil over medium high heat.
- Meanwhile, prepare stuffing according to package directions.
- Spread pie filling into a greased 13 X 9 in baking dish.
- Place the pork chops on top; spoon stuffing over chops.
- Cover and bake @ 350 fkor 35 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer until a meat thermometer reads 160.
We love this recipe! We love apples so the first time I used 2 cans of pie filling and it was a little too sweet. I couldn't find unsweetened apples, so last night I rinsed one of the cans and it was perfect! Thanks for posting LMillerRN!
Great dish! We made with 4 pork chops and it was an excellent dinner. I highly recommend it for a nice fall evening..
I have been holding onto this recipe from a late 90's edition of Quick Cooking magazine & it is an excellent recipe. I made it tonight with homemade OAMC apple pie filling, chicken Stove Top stuffing & 4 pork chops. I can't believe I hadn't tried it yet in all these years! It's going to be a go-to recipe for busy or late nights. The pork is very tender & the spices in the stuffing compliment the apple pie filling without over-powering. It was cooked thoroughly in the 45 minutes stated. Thanks for posting it, LMillerRN!