1/1 Photo of Pork Chops With Apples and Onion
A delicious pork chop dish sweetened with apples and cinnamon. It has a bed of caramelized onions and it is delicious. I got this from some recipe cards called Great Meals in Under 30 minutes. My family devours this everytime. It is great with some roasted potatoes. One suggestion, use the largest skillet you have. I use a big cast iron skillet and it is still crowded. I have tried subbing peaches for the apples and liked it, but not as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Season pork chops with salt and black pepper to taste.
- 2Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Arrange chops in skillet.
- 3Cook pork chops until browned, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- 4Add onion to drippings in skillet. Saute, stirring continually for 2 minutes. Return pork to skillet.
- 5Add apples to pork chops. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon; cover.
- 6Cook, spooning sauce over pork chops frequently, until pork chops are cooked through, about 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Chops With Apples and Onion
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.7
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 17.3 g
- Protein 0.4 g