Pork and apples always pair really well together. This dish is nice and light, without any overpowering flavors.
- Sprinkle pork chops with thyme, salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add pork chops; cover and cook 3 minutes.
- Turn chops; cover and cook an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until pork is no longer pink in center.
- Remove chops from skillet; cover to keep warm.
- Add apples, onion and brown sugar to same skillet; mix well.
- Cover; cook over medium high heat for 5 minutes, stirring once.
- Add vinegar.
- Cook, uncovered, 3 to 6 minutes or until apples and onion are crisp tender and light golden brown, stir occasionally.
- Serve apples over pork chops.
This was pretty good, the only thing I might change is to leave out the vinegar next time. The kids were not very fond of the smell nor flavor.