Recipe by Dibbles
Crock Pot Recipe - Super Tender!
Top Review by Grandma Sharon #2
Have made this twice now and both times it was excellent. I left out the salt(blood pressure doesn't need added salt) and the apple jelly as I forgot to buy so I used 1 teaspoon of Splenda in place of the jelly. There was an abundance of flavor with out the salt. Great recipe to put together in a rush and let cook while you are at work. Just add some steamed broccoli and a tossed salad and dinner is ready.
- 4 america's cut pork chops (not butterfly cut)
- 1⁄2 large onion, diced
- 1 apple, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon apple jelly or 1 tablespoon apple butter
- 1⁄2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place pork chops in bottom of crock pot.
- Cover with apples and onions.
- Pour over water, cider and jelly.
- Last add the salt and pepper.
- Cook on low for 7-9 hours.
- I have cooked this on high for 2 hours and then on low for 3 and it turns out the same.
- Very tender and tasty!