Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe on the BBc website while searching for recipes to please my English parents in law over Sunday lunch.
- Put the cored and peeled apples in a saucepan, add half the caster sugar, the lemon juice and three tablespoons of water.
- Cover with a lid and cook over a medium to low heat for 10-15 minutes until tender, stirring from time to time. The apple sauce can be very chunky or lightly whisked for a smoother finish.
- Pre-heat the grill.
- Brush the pork chops with a little of the melted butter, seasoning with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Put the chops on a grill tray with a rack, and grill them for 4-5 minutes on both sides.
- Meanwhile peel and core the remaining apples. Cut into thin long slices, maintaining the shape of the apple.
- Spread the apple sauce over the chops and arrange the apple slices on top, slightly overlapping as you would for apple tart.
- Brush or drizzle the chops with the remaining melted butter, sprinkling with the
- remaining sugar and return under the grill. Cook for a few minutes and the apples are nicely toasted.