Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was given to me by a friend on babycenter, it is great company food.
- 3 pork chops
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 tart apple, peeled, cored & and diced
- 1⁄4 cup frozen chopped spinach
- 2 slices wheat bread, cubed small (can be stale or day old)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- garlic powder
- celery salt
- In an oven-proof skillet, cook shallots in EVOO until tender. Add apples, cook till tender. Add in spinach, bread cubes, seasonings, and butter. Cook until warmed through and well combined. Remove this apple mixture to a bowl to allow it to cool. Keep skillet warm and add a bit more olive oil if needed.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place chops on a cutting board a press down with the palm of your hand while using a knife in your dominant hand to cut a deep pocket horizontally into the middle of the chop. Season the outside of the meat as desired, and stuff filling into the pork chops.
- Place stuffed chops into the warm skillet (hopefully you’ll hear a sizzle when you put it in the pan.) Put chops in the oven for 45 minutes or until done.