Recipe by anitaschlom
The cupboard was almost bare and so this is what I came up with with what I had on hand. It turned you pretty good and everyone liked it enough for me to make it again.
- 4 -6 pork chops
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 apple, semi-sweet kind, sliced
- 1 beer, I use Fat Tire
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Salt and pepper pork chops.
- Fry pork chops in olive oil.
- Remove from pan and keep warm.
- In same pan melt butter.
- Add red onion, mushrooms and apple.
- Cook 3 minutes scraping up all the good bits that may have stuck to the bottom.
- Remove pan from heat and add half the beer.(NEVER ADD ALCOHOL TO A PAN ON THE STOVE. IT COULD START A FIRE); drink the rest.
- Return to heat and reduce sauce to about one half.
- Add pork chops back into pan to warm and coat with sauce.
- Serve over rice or noodles.