Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I love fall comfort food and this fits the bill perfect.
- 4 pork chops
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups apples, large, sliced
- Assembly Directions:
- Heat butter and oil in pan. Add sliced onion. Cook until onion is transparent and remove from pan. Add pork chops and cook until browned on both sides. Remove from pan. Add flour to pan and cook 1 minute in meat drippings. Add beef granules and apple juice. Mix well, stirring until sauce boils and thickens. Reduce heat and return pork chops and onions to the pan. Place apple slices over chops. Cook over low heat 15-20 minutes or until pork chops are tender.
- Freezing and Cooking Directions:
- Cool. Place in freezer bag or 9x13 dish. Seal, label and freeze.
- To serve, thaw and place in serving dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or heat in microwave.
- *Apple equivalents: Large apple = 2°C chopped, Medium apple = 1 1/2°C chopped, Small apple = 3/4°C chopped.
The pork chops turn out so moist with this recipe! I'm not a pork chop fan, but this recipe was pretty good. I couldn't taste much of the apple flavor and felt that it was overwhelmed a bit by the beef flavor so I'll probably cut back on the beef bouillon next time.
Very Good! I usually stay away from pork chops because they almost always turn out dry. I made this and had in the freezer for about 3 months. Cooked them up tonight for about 18 minutes, they turned out very moist and the mix of apples and onions was really good!