Pork Chops With Apple Compote
- Prepare apples by peeling and chopping to the size you desire and sprinkling with sugar and cinnamon. If you want an ‘applesauce’ texture dice the apples, if you prefer a more elegant presentation, you may prefer slices.
- In a small sauce pan, Simmer cinnamon sugar coated apples in the butter and water until the juices form a glaze.
- Meanwhile, prepare the chops by cutting through outside fat strip every 1 inch to prevent curling being careful not to cut into the meat, and seasoning chops with salt and pepper.
- Sauté chops in olive oil, in a skillet over medium-high heat until browned, flip and brown other side (approx 3-4 minutes per side). Remove chops from pan and rest on a platter while you make the compote.
- Deglaze the skillet with chicken broth being sure to scrape up brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- When you have reduce the broth by about 1/2, add the apple mixture and juices release from the rested pork chops and stir until well combine. Season to taste and serve over the pork chops. If wish, you can return the pork chops to the pan to coat before serving.