Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Recipe source: local newspaper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 cups cider
- 1 cup dried apple
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons brown mustard
- Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat.
- Season chops with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and pepper. Cook in skillet, turning once (10 minutes). Remove from skillet.
- Add shallots to skillet, cook over medium heat for 2 minutes and then add teh cider and heat to a simmer. Add apple slices and cook untll apples are softe and mixture is reduced by half (10 minutes).
- Stir in remaining salt (1/4 t) and countinue cooking until thickened.
- Return chops to skillet and heat until cooked through.
Very, very nicely flavored chops! I did cut the recipe in half for just the two of us, but used the full amount of dried apples (had some great tasting dried chunks of Fuji apples) & the seasoning was right on! This is definitely a recipe I'll be making again! Many thanks for posting it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]