Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an easy, fast and kid friendly recipe. Serve with veggies and/or a salad
Make and share this Pork Chops W/Rice and Mushroom Soup recipe from Food.com.
- sprinkle some salt and pepper on the chops.
- brown in large pan or skillet.
- remove chops from skillet.
- add can of mushroom soup to skillet and mix in the chicken broth.
- once well mixed add the rice and cook covered on low heat for approx 20 min or until all liquid is absorbed with the rice.
- add the pork chops back in with the rice half way through cooking. You should estimate the length of cooking by the thickness of the pork chops. Generall I find that pork chops do not take so long and will become dry if overcooked.
I wasn't sure what you meant by parboiled rice. I figured it was boil-in-bag rice but the directions call for it to stay in bag so I decided to use long-grain rice. I used 1 cup rice and about 2 and 1/4 cups chicken broth added to the canned soup. I cooked it about 20 minutes covered, then added the chops and cooked 10 more minutes covered. My chops were thin but some of the meat near the bone wasn't quite done.....maybe I didn't brown them long enough. Next time I might put the pork chops in there when I start the rice. Thanks for posting. Made for 123HITS cooking tag game.
This was a sure thing at my house. DH loves very little more than chops with mushroom soup sauce with either rice or potatoes. I have never used this method before and I never have the par boiled rice packets so I used 1/2 cup of rice (for 2 chops) with 1 cup of broth. I let that cook for a few mins until the rice had expanded. At that point I replaced the chops and toped it all with the full can soup (DH *loves* it!. Put on a snug fitting lid and turned the heat to "minimum" and let it sit for about 20 mins. The rice and "gravy" tasted great and the chops were moist and tender. It got an instant 5 fingers up and huge smile from him and I enjoyed it as well. It was fun to have dinner alone by a little candle light :D.
I found the rice to be a bit wet. I like rice that is separated. Also, it was a bit salty, but that could have come from the chicken broth and cream of mushroom soup.Otherwise, it was quite tasty. Next time I will decrease the amount of chicken broth or use low sodium. Made for Newest Zaar.