Recipe by kelly in TO
Healthy, tasty and light. You can also substitute apples for the pears.
Top Review by EllenMoran
Didn't quite have enough leeks, but it still tasted great! Appreciate that it let us eat healthy without complaints from the rest of the family, who loved it from husband to preschooler. Definitely getting added to the go-to list of recipes.
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 bosc pears, cut into eighths
- 1 cup leek, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar or 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle pork chops on both sides with the salt and pepper.
- In a skillet heat oil over a medium heat and add the pork chops. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until slight hint of pink remains in the centre of the chop. Place aside.
- Add pears, leeks and ginger to skillet. Sprinkle with the sugar. Let cook stirring occasionally until the leeks and pears are starting to turn brown.
- Pour in stock and vinegar. Simmer for 5 minutes or until pears are soften and sauce is reduced slightly.
- Return pork to skillet and simmer for another 2 minutes until pork is cooked through.