Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Healthy, tasty and light. You can also substitute apples for the pears.
Make and share this Pork Chops W/ Pears, Leeks & Ginger recipe from Food.com.
- Sprinkle pork chops on both sides with the salt and pepper.
- In a skillet heat oil over a medium heat and add the pork chops. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until slight hint of pink remains in the centre of the chop. Place aside.
- Add pears, leeks and ginger to skillet. Sprinkle with the sugar. Let cook stirring occasionally until the leeks and pears are starting to turn brown.
- Pour in stock and vinegar. Simmer for 5 minutes or until pears are soften and sauce is reduced slightly.
- Return pork to skillet and simmer for another 2 minutes until pork is cooked through.
Didn't quite have enough leeks, but it still tasted great! Appreciate that it let us eat healthy without complaints from the rest of the family, who loved it from husband to preschooler. Definitely getting added to the go-to list of recipes.
Nice quick, light, flavorful meal! I used brown sugar instead of the splenda. Next time I'll probably add more vinegar for the tang, but otherwise excellent. I think shallots could be substituted for the leeks for more onion flavor.
This was easy to prepare, very tasty, good for those who are lactose intolerant or allergic to dairy. It was fresh tasting, lively, and very dieter friendly. Thanks for sharing