Recipe by tomcrystal4
I searched all over for a recipe for these and found non, so, I made up my own. my family loves them. To increase the amount just redo the seasoning ect. to taste. I serve it over pasta, chops on top, covered with the sauce and garnished with the last table spoon of basil.
- 2 (10 -12 ounce) pork loin chops with bone or 4 (6 ounce) pork loin chops with bone
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, finely choped
- Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 4 tablespoons basil
- garlic powder (for breading )
- crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine (I use Chardonay )
- 1 lemon, juice of (or eqivalent lemon juice)
Directions See How It's Made
- add garlic powder, 1 tablespoon oregino and 2 table spoons of basil to italian breading. dreg chop in breading coating well on both sides.
- melt butter and heat olive oil in large skillet.
- add and saute garlic until it turns golden brown.
- brown chops on both sides ( about two minute per side or until breading turns golden). remove chops and set aside.
- to skillet,add stock, wine 1 table spoon oregino,1 table spoon basil,lemon juice and crushed red peper. deglaze pan scrapping the bottom to get all the goodies. bring to a boil, turn down heat to med.low.
- re-add chops and spoon sauce over the top. close lid, simmer 10. minute.
- turn chops over and repeat step . (cook till chops are done ).
- serve over angle hair pasta. garnish with remaining table spoon of basil.