Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this recipe off the internet about 7 years, I just can't remember what site it was from. It may seem like an odd combination of ingredients but don't let that put you off, these pork chops are GREAT!
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2⁄3 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 (6 ounce) pork chops
- Combine ketchup, maple syrup, white wine, water, beef bouillon, bay leaf, garlic, basil, thyme, mustard, salt, pepper and ginger in a medium saucepan.
- Stir well.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly brush oil onto both sides of pork chops.
- Place pork chops into 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, pour sauce over pork.
- Bake uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes more, basting a few times with sauce.
What a GREAT pork chop!!! I took your advice and didn't let the list of ingredients put me off. I was not sure how my DH was going to like it because he is not big on what he calls "sweet" meat. I did cut the maple syrup in half and added some mushrooms, but other than that I followed the directions perfectly! They came out soooooo good. I only got 1 of the chops, Toby ate the rest!!! I think chicken breasts would work with this too!! Great recipe and thank you for sharing!!! Your PAC Mommy Fall 06