Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found this dish on the web. Simple and different from the way I normally make pork chops.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 pork chops, about 1 inch thick
- 1 (10 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olives or 1⁄4 cup oil-cured olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 (26 ounce) jar tomato and basil pasta sauce (or your favorite)
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and brown chops. Remove chops and set aside.
- In same skillet, cook mushrooms, artichoke hearts and olives over medium heat, stirring frequently, 2 minutes.
- Stir in Sauce. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, then return chops to skillet.
- Simmer covered 10 minutes or until chops are done.
Really easy and delicious! Made as directed and served with risotto and a green salad. Lots of yummy mushrooms and artichokes, that was like a side dish in itself! Thanks for sharing the recipe!