Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I developed this recipe & my guests have always raved about it.
- 6 pork loin chops, cut 1 1/2 inches thick
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 head red cabbage
- 2 cups vinegar
- Cut cabbage into eighths& boil in water& vinegar until tender.
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt& pepper.
- Bake chops in preheated 350 degree oventurning them over to second side when browned on first side.
- While chops are in the oven, mix the beaten egg, butter, flour, garlic, lemon juice& chicken broth in a small pot& whip over medium-low heat until it's the consistency of mayonnaise.
- Test chops for doneness by making a small slit in one of them with a steak knife.
- When done, remove chops from oven& arrange on a large serving platter, with the eighths of cabbage dispersed between the chops.
- Place the water chestnuts on top of the pork chops& then spoon the sauce over the chops& serve.