Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is another recipe from Grandma's Kitchen Recipe Cards. Nice spin on the dressing I think. Super good.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 (3/4 inch) boneless pork chops
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 6 cups herb-seasoned stuffing cubes
- Preheat oven to 275°F Lightly spray 13x9 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat vegetable oil in large deep skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add pork chops and cook until browned on both sides, turning once. Remove pork chops from skillet and set aside.
- Add onion and celery to same skillet. Cook and stir until onion is tender, about 3 minutes. Add apples; cook and stir for about 1 minute. Add the chicken broth, undiluted soup and wine; mix well. Bring to a simmer; remove from heat. Stir in stuffing cubes until moistened.
- Spread stuffing mixture in prepared baking dish. Place pork chops on top of stuffing; pour any accumulated juices over pork chops.
- Cover baking dish tightly withfoil and bake until pork chops are juicy and barely pink in center, about 30 to 40 minutes.