1/2 Photos of Pork Chops Stuffed With Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Spinach
Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis This is a fantastically unique stuffed pork chop recipe. Presents beautifully and a wonderful dish to serve guests. Paired with Steamed, butter and parsley new potatoes and roasted green beans, your company will think you are an accomplished chef!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- 1 (10 ounce) bag frozen spinach, thawed and excess water squeezed out
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat cream cheese
- 4 (4 ounce) center-cut pork chops
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 lemon, zested
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1Warm the 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium saute pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- 2Add the sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, salt, pepper, and thyme.
- 3Cook until combined, about 2 more minutes.
- 4Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl.
- 5Add the goat cheese and the cream cheese.
- 6Stir to combine and set aside.
- 7Use a sharp knife to cut a pocket into the thickest portion of the pork chop. Stuff each pocket with 1/4 of the spinach and sun-dried tomato mixture and close the pork around the stuffing.
- 8Season the outside of the pork with salt and pepper.
- 9In a small bowl combine the chicken broth, lemon zest, lemon juice, and mustard.
- 10Warm the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- 11When the pan is hot add the pork.
- 12Cook until golden and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
- 13Transfer the pork to a side dish and tent with foil to keep warm.
- 14Add thechicken broth mixture to the skillet over medium-high heat.
- 15Scrape up the brown bits from the bottom of the pan as the chicken broth simmers.
- 16Reduce the broth by half to make a light sauce, about 8 minutes.
- 17Spoon some sauce over the pork before serving.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Chops Stuffed With Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Spinach
Serving Size: 1 (332 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 509.6
- Calories from Fat 281
- Total Fat 31.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 102.6 mg
- Sodium 2281.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 44.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: