Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
No pit? Try browning stovetop then completing the cook process in the oven.
Make and share this Pork Chops Stuffed With Smoked Gouda and Bacon recipe from Food.com.
- 2 ounces smoked gouda cheese, shredded
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (2 1/4 inch) center-cut pork chops (can sub large boneless)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, bacon, parsley, garlic and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.
- Lay the chop flat on cutting board and with a sharp knife held parallel to the board, cut a pocket into the pork, going all the way to the bone, but leaving the sides intact. Stuff cheese mixture into pocket, and close with a wooden toothpick. Brush meat with oil, and season with salt and more black pepper.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill over medium heat for on each side or until pork is done, approximately 10-20 minutes per side. Cook time varies depending on the intensity of the heat and thickness of chops, just be careful not to overcook.
I over-cooked these just a bit, but they were still delicious, just a bit dry (totally my fault!). they were quick and easy and I loved the flavor combination. I bought a big pack of super-thick pork chops at Sams Club and have been working my way through them. My BF told me that these were the best preparation of those chops that I have come up with so far (pretty high praise coming from him). I'll be making these again and will make sure to cook them the shorter time to ensure they are juicy as well as flavorful. Thanks for posting a delicious keeper!
These are so yummy! My grandson raved about these for about 2 days. We both loved the smoky flavor of the gouda and they were quick and easy to make. Going into my Best of 2012 cookbook. Thanks gailann for another keeper. Made for Everyday is a Holiday tag.
Great chops! I made as written though I think I could have stuffed a little more cheese in them so it would be a little more oozy-gooey. Great flavor combo with the gouda and bacon. Will be making these again! Made for Best of 2012 Cookbook Tag.