1/1 Photo of Pork Chops Stuffed With Apples and Sage
To compliment this dish, serve it with light side dishes such as Carrots Scented With Cardamom and Fennel, and Pearl Onions Parmesan, and topped with some decorative fresh parsley. Your kitchen will be filled with aromatics all day! A great way to ensure tender and moist chops is to soak them in a brine of 1 cup milk to 1/2 Tbs salt for at least 1 hour before using in a recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup granny smith apple, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mushroom, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups herb stuffing mix (Pepperidge Farm)
- 14 ounces chicken broth
- 5 fresh sage leaves, finely chopped (or 1/2 tsp rubbed sage)
- 6 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 6 pork chops, 2-inch thick bone-in center-cut
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and next 3 ingredients, Sauté 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender and liquid evaporates.
- 2Remove from heat. Add stuffing mix and broth; stir until liquid is absorbed. Stir in sage, 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, and ground red pepper. Let stand 20 minutes.
- 3Preheat oven to 375°F Trim excess fat from each pork chop, and cut a slit in 1 side of each chop to form a pocket. Spoon stuffing mixture evenly into each pocket.
- 4Combine remaining 4 tablespoons parsley, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Rub both sides of stuffed pork chops evenly with 2 tablespoons oil, and spread parsley mixture evenly over chops.
- 5Cook chops in remaining 2 tablespoons hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, in batches, 2 minutes on each side or until browned.
- 6Place on a lightly greased rack in a broiler pan. Add 1 cup water to bottom of broiler pan. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Chops Stuffed With Apples and Sage
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 496.1
- Calories from Fat 299
- Total Fat 33.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 152.5 mg
- Sodium 775.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 43.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herb stuffing mix
fresh sage leaves