Recipe by Timothy H.
Just messing around in the kitchen, purchased some thick cut pork chops then wondering in which way I would like to cook them! To cold to grill with the wind and snow coming down.So this is what I came up with!
- 4 pork chops, cut thick
- 1 (6 ounce) box Stove Top stuffing mix
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 10 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 7 -10 fresh mushrooms, sliced thick
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian dry seasoning (oregano,basil,parsley flakes, ect)
Directions See How It's Made
- Make the stuffing according to the directions on the box and set aside. Pre heat oven @ 350.
- Wash the pork chops well and pat dry. In a small bowl, add the water and bouillon cubes. Heat in microwave for about 35-45 seconds enough to heat the water so the cubes will desolve. Set aside. Slit the chops on the sides to make a pocket.Be careful not to cut in half.
- Mix all the dry seasonings together in a small bowl. Use half of the seasoning mixture on each side of the chops.Stuff each chop with the stove top dressing.Using tooth picks to seal the pocket.Add the bouillon water to the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish making sure the chops will fit in the dish.Add pork chops. Top with sliced mushrooms and tomatoes.Cover with a piece of aluminum foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake 10-15 minutes more to brown the chops and stuffing. Serve.