1/7 Photos of Pork Chops - Southern Style
Jeff Hamme's Note:
Simple, quick and tasty. Something I threw together with the 'scraps' in my Fridge and surprised me with how great it tasted. Feel free to remove as much 'fat' from the pan as you need to... the more you leave, the better it tastes! Great with mashed potatoes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In 12" skillet, cook bacon on med hi heat. Remove bacon from skillet, but leave bacon drippings.
- 2Add 1 TBSP butter and diced onion. When transparent, remove from skillet.
- 3Reduce heat to medium, lightly salt and pepper both sides of pork chops and place in skillet. Brown both sides (approx 2-4 minutes each).
- 4Chop up bacon, and add both bacon and cooked onion to skillet.
- 5Add 3/4 cup water (add more if you want more gravy), 1 TBSP butter, cover and simmer until cooked (5-10 minutes - but can simmer for up to 45 minutes easily).
- 6Just before serving, mix 2 TBSP cornstarch with cool tap water (approx 1/4 cup).
- 7Place pork chops on plates, add corn starch/water mixture to gravy/drippings in skillet and bring to quick boil stirring frequently to form thick gravy.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Chops - Southern Style
Serving Size: 1 (341 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 499.9
- Calories from Fat 281
- Total Fat 31.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 170.5 mg
- Sodium 248.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 42.1 g