Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
I was trying to figure out what way I could fix the pork chops and then I thought about using the mushroom soup and adding onions and mushroom pieces into the dish and then I just put them into the oven and let them bake a little bit and then I served them with mashed potatoes and whatever else I was wanting to add to the side dishes. This is a really easy recipe to follow and use.
- 6 -8 pork chops
- 1 purple onions (I use the purple because it gives it more flavor) or 1 yellow onion (I use the purple because it gives it more flavor)
- 2 (10 1/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (6 ounce) cans mushroom pieces, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) can evaporated milk (to add to the Mushroom soup)
- Brown your pork chops in a skillet.
- Peel and slice the onion thinly.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place browned pork chops in a baking dish, layer with the sliced onions.
- Top with mushrooms.
- Mix cream of mushroom soup with the evaporated milk.
- Pour over the top of the pork chops and onions.
- Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was easy to make, and very satisfying to the old tastebuds. There is certainly enough sauce left over to use as a gravy on mashed potatoes.
This was so yummy and easy!!! I have to admit though, I was being a bit lazy and decided to for go the whole baking in the oven. I decided to use the same ingredients but I used one pan. I decided to leave it on the stove for 30 minutes on simmer and it was delicious!! Thanks you, i will make it again for sure!
This was a tasty dish. I had browned the pork chops sprinkled with some pepper and seasoned salt. As well I didnt have any evaporated milk so I use some heavy cream and the flavor was really delicious. I also used fresh mushrooms instead of canned only because I much prefer fresh. I will be making this dish again. Thanks for posting your recipe Sugar Ivie.