1/9 Photos of Pork Chops Smothered and Covered!
1 hr 10 mins
You won't find these at the Aweful Waffle! The gravy will be a white, thick country style gravy. A great way to ensure tender and moist chops is to soak them in a brine of 1 cup milk to 1/2 Tbs salt for at least 1 hour before using in a recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Season pork chops with salt, and pepper, paprika and garlic powder. Coat completely with flour.
- 2Heat oil in heavy skillet. Add pork chops and brown on each side (about 3 minutes per side). Remove and set aside.
- 3Add sliced onions & mushrooms to the pan drippings and cook for 1 minute. Add the 1 1/2 tbsp flour. Continue to stir until onions and flour begin to brown slightly.
- 4Add chicken broth and heavy cream and bring to a boil, stir until incorporated. (add more broth if too thick to your liking).
- 5Return pork chops to the gravy. Cover skillet, reduce heat and simmer for 50-60 minutes or until gravy is thick and pork chops are tender.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Chops Smothered and Covered!
Serving Size: 1 (438 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 613.5
- Calories from Fat 389
- Total Fat 43.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.7 g
- Cholesterol 178.0 mg
- Sodium 1566.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 44.8 g