Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
You won't find these at the Aweful Waffle! The gravy will be a white, thick country style gravy. A great way to ensure tender and moist chops is to soak them in a brine of 1 cup milk to 1/2 Tbs salt for at least 1 hour before using in a recipe.
- 4 pork chops, center cut (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- flour (for dredging)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 6 ounces mushrooms (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- Season pork chops with salt, and pepper, paprika and garlic powder. Coat completely with flour.
- Heat oil in heavy skillet. Add pork chops and brown on each side (about 3 minutes per side). Remove and set aside.
- Add sliced onions & mushrooms to the pan drippings and cook for 1 minute. Add the 1 1/2 tbsp flour. Continue to stir until onions and flour begin to brown slightly.
- Add chicken broth and heavy cream and bring to a boil, stir until incorporated. (add more broth if too thick to your liking).
- Return pork chops to the gravy. Cover skillet, reduce heat and simmer for 50-60 minutes or until gravy is thick and pork chops are tender.
Diary #4--Confessions of a housewife: Day 212, Page 63 Paragraph 2--"Spent 7 hours on the computer today. Hurriedly prepared dinner with a wonderful saucy pork chop recipe. Swore to DH it took hours which conjured accolades of compliments." That's my story and I'm sticking to it! Made for PRMR.
A nice homey meal that everyone enjoyed. I added a smashed garlic clove to the sauce, which was very nice. Thanks 2Bleu.
Oh my goodness gracious! Da bomb dot com! No changes made to this fantastic recipe! Thanks so much for sharing 2Bleu! :D