Recipe by Sage
This recipe comes originally from a region in Bulgaria called Sliven.
Top Review by Vanja77
Thanks to this recipe i'll be making pork chops more often. I had to use red wine instead of white, because i drank the last glass of white the night before, oops! lol. It tasted fine however. I used my pork spice mix instead of salt and pepper, those spices went really well with the rest. Made for ZWT4, Tastebud Tickling Travellers.
- 4 pork chops
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- salt and black pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 mushrooms, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the chops with salt and pepper and brown in a frying pan.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, cook the rest of the ingredients for 5-10 minutes.
- Arrange the chops in an oven dish, cover with the vegetable mixture and cook in an preheated oven (220C) for about 20 minutes. Serve with boiled or mashed potatoes.
- Note:Following Zurie's comments;I think you should add more seasoning;maybe garlic.