Recipe by Denise in NH
My sister passed this one on to me....delicious! Serve with buttered noodles or rice.
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) envelope spaghetti sauce mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, buttons (undrained)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 pork loin chops, 1/2 inch thick
- 1 (8 ounce) package mozzarella cheese, cut into 6 slices
- 1 small green pepper, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine spaghetti sauce mix, water, undrained mushrooms, salt and pepper.
- Saute chops in hot olive oil until golden; pour off oil.
- Add spaghetti sauce mixture, simmering covered 40 minutes or until fork tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add green pepper to sauce; simmer covered for 10 minutes.
- Top each chop with cheese slice; heat until melted.