Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This was sent into me by one of my article readers. I thought it would be nice to share it with my Zaar friends.
- 3 tablespoons oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 0.5 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- Season the chops with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a skillet and cook the pork chops until browned on both sides.
- In a 13x9x2-inch baking dish, combine the rice, water, tomato sauce and taco seasoning mix. Stir to combine.
- Place the pork chops over the rice mixture and top with the green pepper. Cover the dish and bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
- Uncover and top with the Monterey Jack cheese. Return to oven and let cheese melt.
Easy to put together. Next time I will cut down on the amount of taco seasoning. I reviewed this for Zaar World Tour for the Floozies.