Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Simmered in a creamy mushroom sauce, this one-dish meal is unbeatable comfort food! A great yet simple meal with minimal prep time.
- 6 pork chops, bone-in (breakfast chops work well)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk (1 soup can)
- 2 cups water (2 soup cans)
- 2 cups white rice
- pepper, to taste
- Brown pork chops in oil then place in large baking dish or roaster.
- While browning, mix soup, milk and water in large bowl.
- Pour rice over chops, then pour soup mixture over all. Sprinkle with pepper according to taste.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hr or until tender.
This is one of my favorite comfort foods; thanks for posting this easy recipe! I use brown rice in this dish instead of white rice, but you have to cook it for just a bit longer if you make this modification (about 20 mins. more). To get a nice crust on the rice (which I just love), remove the foil for the last 10 minutes of the cooking time, and turn your broiler on low.
A great one dish meal, the rice was a little saucy but after letting it stand at room temperature it thickened a bit.
My husband really loved this and said it is a keeper. I thought it was really good too but the pork chops were a little on the chewy side. I think that they might have been too thick. I will definatly make this again but use thinner pork chops. Thank you for posting this recipe.